Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Mental Circus 4

Easier to move when I don't remember
Simpler to be when I am not under
Somewhat at peace with my disconnect
Moving on with all due respect

Embrace the man who is not really there
Except when you hold him he is suddenly aware
Of the words that are mostly unsaid
That nearly every door is marked red

Hard to understand why I reconnected
It simply was never intended
Letting go while holding on
It's not same as moving on

Now the man just looks around
Only to find that he has not been found
To not be there now he knows is for the best
Now his mind turns off the light and exits... stage left


© Rahul Chidambaran 2011


6 comments:

  1. http://judyidliketosay.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-grandparents-live-in-elongated.html
    Wow!! Love this as a ballad. Wonderful writing that sweeps me away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy. I'll check yours out right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the final lines! "To not be there now he knows is for the best / Now his mind turns off the light and exits... stage left". That is such a great image for moving on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rachel...I've always wanted to use the line "exit...stage left" in a sentence somewhere! Finally got the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Letting go while holding on
    It's not same as moving on'

    I love those lines. A wonderful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jane...I shall read your new post soon...haven't been online in sometime now...

    ReplyDelete